Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Technical Problems With Blogger (Again)

For those who read posts but not comments (or not all of them), Domestic Empire from John Peel Everyday has informed me that people using the pre-beta feed to (or should that be 'from'?) Suffolk Punch may not be getting all of the entries I make here. You'd have thought our hosts would have worked out a few of these problems before they went live with beta. But never mind, I guess I can't grumble too much, given that the whole service is free. However, if you want to be kept properly up to date--and remember, I nearly always make at least one post a day, usually more--it seems you need to use the beta feed at the bottom of the page (scroll all the way down).

In the meantime, please keep trying with comments--I know some of you are having problems posting them. I even have problems posting replies, and it's my site! Sometimes I have to press the publish button four or five times before my reply is accepted. I will make good on my promise to contact Blogger and find out what the issue is. If things can't be resolved I'm going to pack up the tent and move Suffolk Punch elsewhere, maybe even back to the old, simpler version of Blogger. I remember that the way you remember a beloved old friend you thought you'd never want to see again, but miss them now like a corkscrew in the heart (a Dylan image for anyone keen enough to spot it). But rest assured, if I make that drastic decision you will all be told well in advance.

No comments: