Wednesday, September 13, 2006

How Long Have You Been A Vegetarian Bruce?

For years when people asked me questions about my vegetarianism I congratulated myself that they were trying to wrap their brains around something faintly exotic, or at least curious in a slightly repellant way. Today I realised it's just a way people have of making conversation with me until they can figure out whether or not I like football.

I don't look at my ideas as a method of defining myself anymore. They're just part of who I am. That's why I don't gas on here about how clever I am not to eat meat. Who cares? It proves nothing except what I allow onto my dinner plate (and I still wear leather shoes). Plus all of my friends eat meat and to a (wo)man they're all closer to Heaven than I am.

Everybody in the world should just sit down for a cup of tea and a chat as far as I'm concerned. It wouldn't be long before they realised how nice everybody else is, behind all the big talk and posturing.

No comments: