Friday, August 18, 2006

Yesterday's New Experience

There is a belief that depression can be lifted--and then happiness restored--by every day doing something that you have never done before.
Yesterday I did something different: I had a bath in a lightning storm. Of course, I didn't know there was going to be a storm when I got in the bath. Once in, though, the skies began to clatter and clash and flare suddenly like the stage at a Wagner opera.
I am so paranoid I kept imagining a lightning bolt bursting through the slate roof on my cottage and electrifying me in the bath. But it didn't, obviously. Or I'd be a big crispy poet up there now floating in stagnant water with the biggest ha**-on I've ever had in my life.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! You're paranoid about lightning and baths too! I keep having a weird sensation, a sort of deja vu when I think about being in a bathtub, feeling like I am being electrocuted. There's a numb pain (that feels terrible) all over my body. I'm certain I've experienced it but how could I if I am still alive? I just remember the physical feeling. I'm just silly I guess.

But I love storms, I love lightning. The best weather! It's so romantic and so sensual, forgive me for saying.

Bruce Hodder said...

I'm paranoid about everything. I have smoked too much weed, drunk too much alcohol and spent too much time alone!

I like lightning too, other than when I'm in water. It makes my fingers tingle, and the cloud formations are fantastic.