Saturday, October 21, 2006

Shotgun Willie Campaign To Stop The Slaughter Of Horses


American readers might want to go to http://www.myspace.com/willie nelson to see how they can participate in a campaign the godfather of hip is promoting to stop the slaughter of American horses for consumption abroad.
As a vegetarian I find the distinction between slaughter abroad and at home slightly erroneous (much as I love you, Willie), and I don't quite get why it's okay to eat cows but not horses, but while holding onto your own beliefs, you take any steps towards the furtherance of your cause, however faltering, as highly welcome, don't you? Willie, along with Kinky Friedman, Kris Kristofferson, John Corbett, Edward Asner and all the other signatories to the open letter of protest about the slaughter, reproduced at the MySpace site, are to be congratulated for taking a moral stand. At least a little bit of the killing might stop as a result of their efforts.
above picture courtesy of willie nelson dot com.

1 comment:

Bruce Hodder said...

I see what you mean. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of that one, as the open letter is really interesting...