Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beatlick News Issue 31

The latest edition of Joe and Pamela's poetry and arts newsletter features a bunch of good new poems from around the United States and Canada, with only one showing from Europe this time--which I mention with all due modesty because it's one of mine (albeit perhaps not as good a poem as I thought it was when I sent it out). There is also a seriously splendid prose piece called "Music For Ya" by Barry Alfonso from Pittsburgh, reviews by Joe, letters and pictures, and some "Words of Wisdom" from Emma Wisdom (that seems to be her real name) about why we write and how to get over the problems we face. I'd take issue with Emma when she says, "Poets should not lose sight that their primary goal is to teach, to bare the soul, and to entertain the audience," since in my book that's three goals (ha ha), and we're not obliged to do any of them--in my book our only goal is to perfect the line. But I'm just being picky. I couldn't expect anybody else to follow my misanthropistic path in poetry anyway.

Beatlick News
940 1/2 W.Van Patten Ave
Las Cruces
NM 88005
USA

beatlickjoe@yahoo.com publishingpamela@yahoo.com

No comments: