Friday, September 28, 2007

Robert Zoschke Reply Published

Robert Zoschke's response to my essay WHICH ONE OF YOU BASTARDS KILLED MY SEXY LAMB? appears today at my other site THE BEATNIK (see link).

The essay has also prompted an interesting discussion over on my MySpace page, with some stellar names on the contemporary poetry scene weighing in with their point of view. Was Bukowski, as one correspondent contends, "a lightweight"? Go over and tell us what you think.

Ronald Baatz comments, in an email, that as a writer I seem to be "blossoming and exploding" at the same time. Quite a feat, don't you think?

I just wish I could finish the damn essay about myself I'm trying to write for BARTON TODAY. The money work over the past few days has turned my head inside out and backwards so many times I actually managed to lock myself in to my own flat the other morning. Ended up being an hour and a half late for work because I couldn't find my keys.

Know where they were when they turned up the next day? In my jeans pocket. For a genius I manage to be quite an idiot at times.

No comments: