Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I AM LEGEND UPDATE

Remember I reported that somebody had given away the ending of "I Am Legend" on the poster for the film on Abington Street in Northampton? That some wag had written, next to the title, "He dies at the end", thereby excusing us all from the onerous task of going to the cinema to find out what happens? (Well, I wouldn't have gone even if Amy Winehouse had asked me, and if you would have gone, maybe you wouldn't have considered the prospect onerous, but there you are.)

Anyway, I passed the poster again today and noticed the graffiti (or is that one f and two ts?) had been removed. Wow, that must be a record in these parts for graffiti removal! In Wellingborough (the next town along), there's some drawing and incoherent scribbling that's been on public walls for twenty years.

Mind you, it might not have been some underpaid, droopy-shouldered council worker out in the morning rain with a rag and a bucket of cleaning fluid. It could have been some straightlaced moviegoer objecting to the fun the graffiti-writer was having at the expense of people like himself or herself. It could even have been Will Smith, who, alerted by my report on SUFFOLK PUNCH, rushed out to take care of the offending script before it diminished the gate receipts for the movie in these parts.

But the third of those options is probably the least likely, I have to admit.

No comments: