Saturday, May 19, 2007

What A Drag

The cigarette ban coming into force in England on July 1st is enough to make you want to take up smoking. Damn puritans are penetrating every corner of modern life.

I sometimes characterise myself as an old leftist, but I hate it when government starts telling people how to live their lives.

Won't be long before alcohol is banned in pubs as well and we'll all have to sit there drinking sparkling water. While eating a nice healthy salad.

At which time my already-severe separation from contemporary life will be complete.

Go back and resurrect Sam Peckinpah, I say. Make him World President with Kris Kristofferson deputy and Willie Nelson in charge of religious and cultural affairs.

Drive these middle-management drones back into the river from which they sprang.

No comments: