Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On The Cushion

I had the feeling that I came out of my body while I was meditating this morning. Never had the feeling before, not in meditation anyway (knowing ho ho ho). I didn't go up, or down, or sideways; I just suddenly wasn't inside the seated figure in the half-lotus on the floor in front of the old wooden buddha. I knew I used to be, but now I wasn't.

It wasn't frightening at all. This is the way it will be, I thought, warmly, remembering the prophesies of the ancient masters. And then I was back inside my body again, like slipping into a familiar old coat.

Off out to face whatever dreams the day had in store.

2 comments:

All This Trouble... said...

Sweet! When I was a child, I could trance out and have great out of body adventures. Maybe it was just my imagination or maybe it was magic. Whatever it was, it was one of my favorite childhood memories.

Bruce Hodder said...

I've felt strangely at ease since I left my body. Maybe we should all do it every now and then.