Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Kerouac Book: Further Thoughts

Forgive me for returning to the Kerouac book for a moment. But just a couple of things. Rob Zoschke has kindly pointed out that a) I spelled Anne Waldman wrong (oops!) and b) I neglected to mention a significant contribution to the book by Gerald Nicosia. And on checking I found out he was right.

What a twat. (Me, not him.) But listen, proof reading was never a great skill of mine. My magazine "Blue Frederick" was so full of errors--at least, the first issue was--I spent a small fortune writing letters of apology after the mistakes were brought to my attention. And the carelessness of my wayward mind isn't much helped by the fact that I write this blog in an internet cafe in the middle of Northampton because I haven't got an internet connection at home these days (I refuse to pay for the installation of a telephone line when I'm renting).

But anyway. Suffice it to say that ANNE Waldman makes a fantastic contribution to the Kerouac book. I've been half in love with her ever since I saw her in "Renaldo & Clara" (that was you wasn't it Anne?) And Gerald Nicosia is a powerhouse on the post-Beat scene whose support of my own endeavours has given me far more credibility than I deserve.

There's LOADS of great writers in the Kerouac book actually, not just the ones I mentioned. But the ones I mentioned were the ones whose names I could remember without the book in front of me. I love you all equally. Really!

No comments: