Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Shorn Of The Head

I had a haircut yesterday. Short. All over. Grey tresses falling into my lap as a septuagenarian Italian barber with a head cold tried to hold his scissors steady. An interesting test of nerve. But what isn't nowadays, eh?

I have also recently been shaving every few days, though my resolve to have a clean chin doesn't last. The spring weather has made me curiously optimistic, despite all the evidence, that I might be able to change the pattern of things for the good with a little effort and a touch of good faith.

We will see. I am tired of viewing life as a personal war between me and the Forces of Evil...

3 comments:

tom said...

hang in there, bruce

not going to get my hair cut that short - but warm weather will get me to take a few inchs off my neck - the beard stays - since '72

glad you're optimistic

Anonymous said...

now here's a coincidence: i had a haircut yesterday, too. but then i get one about every 6 weeks ...

i mailed you some chapbooks on Monday. they should be only a few days away, now.

Bruce Hodder said...

The beard keeps coming and going. I can't decide. Depends on whether I'm reading Ginsberg or Kerouac, Blackolive or Rob Plath, listening to Willie Nelson or Bob Dylan. I am a man of many moods, very few of them interesting ha ha.