Friday, December 08, 2006

Which Side Are You On?

It amazes me that so many people don't belong to trade unions in this country (or anywhere.)
Seems almost willfully perverse to me. Or the height of naivete. One day it will be you hearing the Man's footsteps behind you. And you are not the Man, though you might wear cheap imitations of his clothing. He will squash you like a bug when you stop putting money in his pocket.
Here's a suggestion. If you don't agree with trade unions, give up the benefits you've got because the unions fought for them. Like a livable wage. Like paid annual leave. It's a bit hypocritical to enjoy the fruits of the labours of people you disdain, after all, don't you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father was a union fighter and I agree with his philosopy: it is the unions that protect the average worker. I am from the USA and if it wasn't for the Teachers'Union I don't know where we'd be because Administration is filled with tyrants and dumb shits. They could not do what we do for five seconds!

Bruce Hodder said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more, Bruce. People have been brainwashed into believing unions are the baddies.

I'm proud to be a union man
I make those meetings when I can! Yeah!

- Neil Young