Sunday, July 15, 2007

Holiday Notes And Doggerel

THE WILD CATS OF NORTHAMPTON

Off to ----------- we will go
A dull and dreary army.
-------- drunk and ----- loud
And ------- fake and smarmy.

We're going for to make some noise
And throw stones in the ocean,
And hang about like ancient thugs
In loads of suntan lotion.

***********************
People have said, "Let me come with you on your walks." But I don't want anybody to come with me. Let them find their own path through the woods.

The two main requirements for success in modern life are low intelligence and instinctive subservience. If you have both you will never go hungry. If you have neither you may end up like me, standing alone on a clifftop in the rain shouting revolutionary slogans at the seagulls.

One yesterday described me as "set in my ways". Yes, if that means unable to pretend I like bingo, and wouldn't rather be stabbed in the eye with a rusty nail than endure another cheesy cabaret singer.

By the time you hit 40, if you've had sex and been in love and watched somebody die there's nothing left to learn from other people.

1 comment:

Sharon Auberle said...

Hey Bruce,

you've hit that rusty nail on the head with these comments.
as the Buddhists say, everything we need to know is already inside of us...
peace to you, friend
Sharon