Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What If?

What if my supposed intelligence and this book I keep talking about are just the snobbish delusions of a back street weirdo everybody else avoids because he has the stench of failure and loneliness about him? What if this time off work spent labouring over the book is a criminal waste of temporary liberty and I would have been better occupied lying on a beach with a cocktail in my hand? What if all my ideas really are just the useless transparent rationalisations of a pathetic man who was rejected early by society and never made his way back in? Huh? What if?


Ralph Murre said...

never undervalue the beach
or cocktails
you could always write
at the beach
type with one hand
drink with the other

Bruce Hodder said...

You're a wise man indeed Ralph.