Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Anonymous

An anonymous correspondent poses the interesting question: "Whatever happened to you?" (Meaning me.) Apparently this page, or my mind (or something), used to be more interesting.

Since when? As far as I'm concerned I've always been a huge pedantic arrogant solipsistic little creep, and if somebody's trying to tell me otherwise I'm going to be immensely disappointed.

Of course, even when I'm hectoring the world unreasonably, I still have the courage to put a name to all my statements. But there you go.

2 comments:

Ralph Murre said...

Speaking as something of an ominous myself, though not an authority, I don't see anything less strange about you than in times past. Perhaps the question, "Whatever happened to you?" refered to the long-term Bruce, that is, perhaps an ominous was inquiring about a nasty fall on the head in your infancy or the time the oxygen stopped flowing to Upper Barton-On-Ipswitch or wherever in hell you are. But I don't want to put words into Anne Onymous' mouth, or anywhere else that doesn't pay its authors, since I can ill afford to go on this way forever.

- R.

tom said...

hell, i spend a lot of time wondering what happened to me - still don't know